Hidden Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hidden Realms

This site is predominantly an RP site, but side banter is always welcome. Please enjoy your stay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 9 Kingdoms

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:41 pm

The great war had just begun, the nine kingdoms that for years had enjoyed an uneasy peace found it shattered by betrayal an army hired from Darkhall by Moonspire invades Winterhaven triggering a conflict that’s effects would span far into the future. It was during this time that the rather ambitious right hand man to the king of Winterhaven see’s himself an opportunity for promotion. With the army and most of the royal guards away defending the borderlands he seizes the opportunity to advance himself. Slipping into the kings chamber at night he slices his throat cleanly using a stolen dagger to frame the young prince. The queen awakens too late to save herself but fortune still smiled on their house that night. By lucky fortune the young prince was out of bed when one of the guards loyal to the king and crown found him before the would be usurper or those guards conned, coerced or paid into loyalty could get to him.

The guard and prince escape the palace and go into hiding fighting skirmishes throughout the kingdom as they make their escape. Others of the Altherian race, and others besides, join him in his exodus unbelieving of the lies being spread about the prince. During the confusion of the war Draven appoints himself protector of the throne until one of the royal bloodline could be found to take it. While outside appearances would suggest he was searching for the rightful heir to the throne he was in fact having any with a connection to the throne hunted down and executed on trumped up charges to secure the position for his own. In time the old king was forgotten by most and Draven crowned himself king as no others could be found to take the position themselves. With the war winding down and fearing the Altherians would raise an army to take retribution he began to spread lies about the origins of the war about how it was the Altherians who first laid the seeds for the war to begin. Of course not everyone believed the lies but who would question a king, and so the hunts began the Altherian people were hunted all throughout Winterhaven and most of the nine kingdoms.

Those who survived the hunt found sanctuary on the kingdom isle of Dragonspire. Now almost 100 years have passed since the great war the hunts forgotten and the betrayal of the true rulers of Winterhaven lost to myth and memory to all but a few, those Altherians that survived remember and remember well what they were put though by Draven the usurper king and they want revenge for their people. For years they have plotted, each plan more ridicules and unfeasible than the last.

This is the world Adair grew up in this is the history he was taught as the descendent of King Alkair. Now twenty summers old he sets out from Dragonspire isle to return to the nine kingdoms to learn what he can and figure out his own plan for vengeance on the new royal family of Winterhaven. He ties his long silver hair back at the nape of his neck and wraps his riding cloak around himself; he steps onto the boat that will take him to the mainland and checks his horse one last time. He turns to wave to his mother and sister as the boat departs and he smiles calling assurances once more to his sister that someday he will return to her. As his home fades from sight he returns to the horse to retrieve something from his bag. With a smile he whispers to the egg “soon you will hatch wont you? And then what fun we will have once you are grown”
Back to top Go down
http://moonlitrose.tumblr.com/
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:41 am

She rode into Winterhaven at her fathers side; the horse he lead trotted in complimentary time with hers. She was beautiful beyond compare, nothing like these light skinned lily faces. She smiled, chin parallel to the ground; she was a proud person, much like her people, much like her father. They both looked similarly, their skin was a deep rust color, their hair was a dark black that lightened at the tips: baby hairs that were once white that grew into a beautifully thick black mane, eyes the color of Zytherian Crystal: a crystal only their people could make, a crystal with a very pale blue tint. They both wore the ceremonial royal colors: blacks with purple tones strewn in an intricate way across their tunics.

She was, as far as she was aware, 100% Zytherian; there were many houses of Zytheria, way up in the northern lake district. Their home, however, the Kings home, rested atop a hot spring: Arcticsprings it is called. He was perhaps the fiercest warrior, despite his rather lacking exterior visage. He stands taller than most men, broad shouldered, but not excessively muscular. She, on the other hand, was lithe looking, very delicate, like a flower: also, not meant to be taken lightly. She was nearly as fierce as her father, if not more. She had a certain air about her, the sort of air most would shake as distrust, though, she wasn't conniving in the least bit: she was quite gentle when it came to anything but battle.

Ah, battle. It was a beautiful thing for Zytherians. They were a war-like people, very protective of their land, of their holdings, of their people. If someone was to just glance at another Zytherian in a certain way: he would be had.

As she trotted into the kingdom, she glanced at the peasants, a small smile to her lips. The people stopped to stare, whispered to each other; it was obvious King Draven lacked in contact with his people: pathetic, really. A guard quickly stopped the two of them once they reached the palace steps.

"Who are you?" the guard sneered. He was a rather lanky man, covered head to toe in ridiculously bulky armor. She snickered at him. His first action was to point his spear at her. She laughingly batted it away, until, of course, he took her wrist.

Her father was first to jump the man. It was a sight to see: the pale face quickly withdrew his hand from her wrist and looked at her father in a challenging way.

"Touch her again, and I'll have you hanged." Her father hissed, seizing the man by his throat. His voice was very fluid: as if he had spoken English all of his life. This wasn't so, of course, and his accent outweighed his tenor-bass voice. The man quickly pulled his hand away and took out his sword.

"You would do well to mind your manners, Knight, you are pointing a blade at a king... and assaulted a princess... Zytherian Royalty..." she tutted: her voice too was quite fluid, though, her accent far extended into her vowels. Zytherians had vowels, but they were more... flowy... airy... as if one was singing.

The guard looked at the two of them: fear reflecting beautifully over his face. He bowed low and apologized: begging and pleading for them not to tell Draven... it would be his neck for sure...

The only thing the two of them could do is glance at each other and laugh at the dishonor the man was projecting: Disgusting, really. The dismounted their horses and took their blades from the saddle. Stepping over the groveling man as they made their way across the wooden drawbridge, bringing them straight into the royal's wasteland.

It was cold: people moved about in patterns strangely reminiscent to slave movements: this one here, that one there. As the two of them made their way further into the confine their eyes caught glimpse of what seemed to be a paige boy. They gestured him only to be ignored. This was starting to bug them: not only were they told to come spur the moment, they were being treated like savages. No one seemed to glance at them long enough to tell that they were lost. Their blood began to boil.
Back to top Go down
http://ArdentlyFictitious.deviantart.com/
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:13 am

As the ships journey gets underway he reassures his horse and of course the other horses that were on board he did not like seeing any animal in distress. After he calms theme he heads back on deck to watch the world he once knew fade into obscurity behind him as a new world opens up ahead. He knows for the best part of a week, unless of course they had a very strong wind at their back, that this would be his home and so he watches the birds as they fly. Soon he begins to notice a distressing pattern emerging amongst the birds. They are all flying towards the boat though trying to get away from something. Glancing around him he spy’s a deck hand also enjoying a period of quiet time. “is there any reason why all these birds would be flying to us?” he asks his deep voice and thick accent tainting his English as though he’d not spoken it for long.

“’tis not a good sign” says the ship hand his voice as weathered as his skin testament to his harsh life on the open waves “I was noting it myself hopefully it will be but an omen of a storm”

“but?’ asks Adair knowing from how he speaks that there must be a but

“but it could be a leviathan they have been seen round these waters before and if it is well could get dangerous for all involved” he explains

“if fighting must be done please count me in” says Adair with a wicked smile

“oh to be sure they’ll be fightin to go round if there’s a leviathan nearby” he replies “just be sure not to get yerself knocked overboard if it happens” he punctuates the last remark with a harsh laughter
“don’t you be worrin bout me fallin in I’ve always had stable legs” laughs Adair

“well I’d best be seein the captain warn him bout the birds though no doubt he’s seen em his self, sharp one our captain is cant put a trick past him” he smiles as he departs to consult the captain

“ay I’m sure he is” says Adair to no one in particular “a bad omen indeed stryfe this early in my journey even if it is only possible”

He sets about checking his mace and of course his hidden knives making sure that everything can come free at a moments notice. He is always one to be prepared for any situation though he hopes that such things can be avoided. He heads to the stern of the ship where he raises his hand and calls to the sea hawks as they fly past. One of them answers his call gliding down to him on silent wings.
“you should flee” says the hawk “that way leads only to death”
“is it a leviathan?” asks Adair though of course to any of the ship hands around it sounds as though he is cawing and screeching
“it is” says the hawk taking wing once more “flee while you can” it calls back as it leaves.

He shakes his head ruefully before heading to tell the captain the bad news. He knocks on the door to the helm room knowing the captain has been around my people long enough to know and trust our abilities.
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Eventually, of course, the right hand of the King came out, wandering about in an ever so slow manner: as though he had an awful hangover from feasting to much, which, seemed apparent by his robust size. He waved them over to him and through pants he said:

"The king... will see you momentarily... fancy a tour?" the stout man asked, looking up at her father, his eyes dark and beady.

"We haven't the time for a dog and pony show," growled her father. She smiled: serves them right, messing with her father... it's hunting season in the Lake District; he has yet to not hunt for his family with his people, which is more than one could say about this kingdom.

"Patience, my friend," the stout man said, caressing her fathers arm. Her fathers first reflex was to pull the guys arm behind his back and flip him onto the ground, his foot resting on the back of the fat man's head.

"You should not call me friend, nor should you touch me," he growled again.

"Ah! my...my.... my.... already getting into trouble?" said a gravely voice from the balcony. She was the first to look up, followed by a quick glance of her father who let the man go and stood by his daughter side.

On top of the balcony stood a rather gangly looking fellow: thin, nimble, the sort of person you'd associate with a trickster or a thief. He had long black hair and a gaunt face, hollow eyes: he looked like what the Zytherians called "Vixmundu" a Demon from the other side, used to ensnare wary souls on their way to their second life. He slowly took the steps to meet them there in the castle's square. All eyes were on them, as were several arrows, drawn from the rafters.

"You call for us here..." her father starts as the King walks up in front of them, waiting for them to bow like the rest of his peasants. "A guard at the front greets us with distain... no one here is willing to help us find you except your plump counterpart... and you expect US to be hospitable to your Lordship?"

"Father, I told you this was a waste of time," she said softly in her native tongue. The kings eyes darted to her and seemed to devour her beautiful frame, her face, her skin. Her eyes narrowed on him: she knew when a man was looking at her like a piece of meat; she grabbed onto a small dagger tied to the back of her belt, beneath her tunic.

"Stiexanna, Monira," her father replied calmly. 'Not now, Daughter.'

"Where are my manners," Draven laughed wickedly, bowing politely to mostly her. "I always forget you are a free people."

His words chilled her spine. Yes, that was why they were here: she was correct, her eyes fell to her father whose eyes fell to her. They had a symbiotic understanding.

"You would do best to wipe our feet with your pointless cloth, too, Draven," her father snarled, his lip extending and curling at the top.

"Not very friendly," Draven sighed, standing back up and straightening his robes. She snickered at him: he thought he was attractive... figures as much.

"What is this urgent business you willed us away from our hunting season for," She questioned. Again the king's eyes traveled over her like she was something he'd like to mount like a horse. Her brows furrowed and she had half a mind to give him a very bad headache.

"Stiexanna," her father repeated softly, patting her back.

"My daughter, she is to be ruler of our kingdom: I prize her more than my own holdings, if you do not stop looking at her the way you are, I will have to challenge you." Her father said coolly, as if it was normal for him to challenge another King. Draven's eyes quickly snapped back to the man standing in front of him. "Oh... and I've yet to lose a battle," her father added, a wicked smile splayed across his face.

She giggled to herself and leaned into her fathers arm, allowing him to shield her from the strange pale faced king.

"I suppose we should discuss matters in the hall of Winterhaven," the king said softly, spinning on his heal and making a swift walk towards a set of double doors.

She glanced at her father and followed after the man, closely followed by her father, who, before walking glanced up at the knights whose bows were angled down at them. He pointed to his eyes with his index and middle finger then pointed at them. One of them buckled from where they stood, screaming in agony. He smiled and wandered after his daughter: never quite taking her out of his sight.
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:12 pm

“enter” bids a voice from the helm room. Quietly he enters and waits to be addressed

“ah Adair the rightful king” smiles the captain “and what would you add to this conversation?”

“I spoke to a sea hawk” replies Adair his voice somber “it IS a Leviathan we head towards”

“the kings own no doubt” mutters one of the deck hands that was here for the meeting

“oh?” asks Adair quizzically

“it is said by some” explains the captain handing Adair a cup of ale “that the king of Winterhaven controls a Leviathan and sets it loose to force ships into one of his more heavily taxed ports”

“well then we’ll just have to change THAT foul practice wont we” smiles Adair

“and how would you have us do that?” asks one of the younger deck hands

“if you would be willing to get close enough I can deal with it” he says patting the mace at his side

“are you sure that’s safe?” asks the captain

“probably not the safest but if it will make the waters even a little freer isn’t it worth the try?” responds Adair

“very well lets put it to the vote” smiles the captain “all those here who wish to strike a blow to that damned king say AY”

The cabin is almost shook by the resounding AY’s not a man there would give up a chance to strike back at the kingdom of winterhaven. “Lets go men” smiles the captain “load the cannons and prepare for battle this is one sea creature who’s days are now numbered”

They head off with renewed spirits as its one thing to fight a Leviathan for survival its quite another to fight it for freedom of their jobs. They man the rigging and prep the cannons.

“quite the inspirer aren’t you old friend?” smiles Adair

“ai but without your help” says the captain “I don’t know if we could have inspired them so well”
“this will be a hard battle no matter what though wont it?” asks Adair

“ai it will even with your strengths” nods the Captain “though it can be done bards sing of the victories of ships against such creatures”

“well then lets give the bards a new song shall we” laughs Adair downing his drink
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:57 pm

As she entered the great hall the king took his place on his pompous pedestal, her father stood behind her and lead her to walk with him to where the King named Draven sat on his throne. Again, Draven expected them to bow, but the stood there awkwardly in silence for many moments.

"Why did you call for us?" her father asked: it seemed that the king had an superiority complex against his daughter: so he sought to speak man to man.

"There has been talk of war," said Draven. "People want to have my head on a platter." He rubbed his throat as he spoke, frowning. "Surely, a strong people like yourselves would be willing to protect me?"

"What's the catch?" she said irritably.

"This is a man's conversation, young lady," the King scoffed. Her brows furrowed again as she glared at him.

"You would do best to hold your tongue of misogynistic comments if trying to barter with me; Unlike YOUR weak women, ours are trained to be soldiers; they are just as noble as you or I, and are held highly in our kingdom..." Her father said in a chillingly cold voice.

"I would prefer speaking to the leader of your people."

"I am a leader in training. When my father dies I take his place; I secure myself my own husband, a husband that I will bear heirs with... I am not an inferior here." she growled fiercely.

"In MY kingdom, you are to know your place," the king said, standing. Suddenly a storm of footsteps came from behind, she turned and pulled a dagger out. "And the penalty for treason is death."

"If you kill her... I will kill you... your kingdom will fall, for my death lain on your mans hands after kill you will force a frenzy of my people and our allies to storm your pathetic dwelling," her father said gently, his voice velvety smooth as if he were charming a woman into sleeping with him.

The king raised his hand to keep his guards away from the young woman.

"I do not take kindly to being mocked," the king said savagely. "If you do not keep your daughter from disrespecting me she will be sent to the dungeon, I will even do it myself."

"That would be unfortunate for you," her father laughed. Behind him stood she, still crouched in an attack position, still gripping her knife with a death grip, eyeing each of the men, their sweet spots, places that were not covered by armor, easily penetrable. "Now, what are you asking? For my support?"

"I'm asking you to bow to me, join my cause..." Draven said simply, sitting down on his throne.

She quickly stood and walked up to him, pointing her dagger at him as she spoke to her father.

"Tyzenzi Portichai, Papa! Moniqusi Jelitu Congorge, Lattivia snorbitzque rotasti renaldo pepiol!" she hissed, continuously pointing her dagger at the king as she spoke heatedly in her language. 'I told you father, this was all a ploy, he's seeking total control of our people.'

The Kings eyes fell to her dagger, its jabbing action held by her tiny hand: he wanted her, he looked at her father, waiting for him to say something, but when silence filled the hall he chuckled.

"Your daughter has the spirit of a Horse," he laughed. "Your entire people do... but horses can be broken... they can be trained..." He pulled the dagger out of the girls hand, his hand wrapped around the blade itself. Blood began flowing down its metallic surface as she turned to look at him.

"We are not animals," she said, spitting in his face and stomping back to her father. "Nor will we bow to a pale face."

The king smiled at her and looked to her father, waiting for him to be the voice of reason, waiting for him to dismiss his daughter from the chamber.

"It is said, you have aired out your laundry, Draven... I will not bite your hook," Her father said. "I bow to no one." The look of Draven was priceless, his smile turned slowly into a frown, into rage, into a furrowed brow and he stood, slamming the dagger onto the ground.

"How dare you!" the king shouted.

"How dare I? You offend me, Draven. How dare you assume that a proud people of the Northern Lake District would seek solace in your arms just to be used for your political gain," her father said, with a shrug. "I have no more time to waste here, there are many things that need be done in my kingdom, now, if you'll excuse me."

Her father turned his back on the king, walking towards the exit, she stared at the man that brought about so much disgust in her eyes as she walked back, then came face to face with three guards, all of which had up their spears and were blocking their exit.

"Why don't you sleep on it, friends?" the king said, wrapping his arms around the two of them. "Stay a fortnight, allow the information to seep in... we can talk about particulars... we haven't contract in stone, after all... I really need your people..."

Her father looked to her, and she glared back with eyes that said 'Dont you do it.' He father sighed and nodded.

"A fortnight you have to convince me, we will stay in a camp outside of your walls, amongst your people. I dare not stay in your residence with such malicious intent," her father said. She scoffed and looked away.

"Very well," said the king, clapping the back of them on the back. "I very much look forward to seeing you around," he whispered in her ear. A shiver ran down her spine and she had half a mind to pull hers word and cut him from chin to nether region.

"Good day to you," the father said, forcing the guards to move aside, his daughter on toe. She didn't look back, but the king had a disturbing glint in his eyes: it was a glint of lust.

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 5:26 pm

“and so to battle” says the captain hoisting his ancient blade from the table

“lets strike Draven a blow he wont soon forget” smiles Adair heading outside to help with the preparations.

He hurries around on deck fetching and running the gunpowder and cannonballs helping the crew prepare though he knows deep inside they are merely precautions and of no real use in the upcoming struggle. All to soon he sees the telltale signs that the creature is close. The waves begin to churn and no other creatures can be seen even the fish, that normally would be jumping in this kind of water, are nowhere to be seen. “this is it men” cries the captain taking his place at the front of the ship “weigh anchor we wait for the beast to come to us”

Adair heads to the back to help drop anchor before heading to the front determined to be on the front line of this conflict. As he watches he sees the ugly head of the beast raise above the waves it opens its maw to issue an almighty RAWR that seems to shake the boat in its ferocity. Quickly Adair brandishes his mace moving to the very front of the boat. He knows what he is planning on doing is highly dangerous yet to make a gambit is a test of his manhood. The first volley of cannons is fired in response to the Leviathans rawr and the beast dives avoiding them and charging towards the boat. It rears its ugly head once more this time within striking range of its fanged mouth and powerful tail. Adair backs up to take it at a run he told no one of his plan knowing they would say it was a fools gambit. He charges forward as the beast lunges forward for its first attack and he launches himself from the prow of the ship flipping as he does to connect a powerful blow to the creatures head. Naturally confused by this behavior the Leviathan pauses trying to asses this new information. Though in appearance they seem related to the dragons they have non of the dragons enhanced intelligence or it would simply have plunged beneath the waves until the irritant was removed. Instead it writhes about on the surface trying to dislodge its passenger. Adair hangs on while trying to climb along the beasts head knowing that his mace while it would stun a creature this size is no match for its hard scales. The cannons fall silent as the astounded crew watch in amazement as he crawls across the skull of the beast. As he comes closer to the less protected eyes the Leviathan begins to formulate a new idea splashing down into the waves before rearing back up. This almost works to dislodge Adair yet somehow he keeps a handhold and is able to pull himself back up. He works quicker now knowing he beast is beginning to figure a way to dislodge him. He manages to reach the place above the beasts eye and draw his knife before it plunges once more. Momentarily blinded by the sea water he plunges the knife down hoping he was able to strike a vital spot. The Leviathan rears in agony as the blade sinks deep into its eye piercing that and more besides. As it breaks the water Adair uses the chance to leap back onto the ship catching the handrail by pure luck rather than judgment. As a couple of the crew hands pull him back aboard the creature falls back into the water never to rise again.

“that was a bloody stupid stunt you pulled there boy” says the Captain “marvelous but stupid you could have been killed’

“yeah I know” says Adair panting from the exertion “but at least it kept the ship from harm hey’ he laughs weakly

“I don’t know if yer a hero or an idiot sometimes” he replies “though I dare say yer dad’d done exactly the same thing in your place”

“I’ll take that as a compliment” smiles Adair “but I dare say I should go change out of these clothes or the cold will do what that beast could not”
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Their first night in Winterhaven was more of a spectacle. The townsfolk of Winterhaven took it upon themselves to spy on them: these strange dark-skinned people of the north... most of them, of course, had never seen such figures before. The Zytherian king often took to them, speaking to them kindly and trying to be polite with them. Most met him with scorn or fear: his accent was something to behold, some men of the town would sit with him, share war stories.

She also sat around the fire, trying to share pleasantries with the men: but, like the King they often did not hear her. It was a sad thing, really, some of her stories were more epic than her fathers. As the two of them lay their head down, adjacent from the fire, close enough from arms reach but far enough away for the bounds of father and daughter she sighed a little, melancholy filling her voice.

"Papa..." she said softly in her own tongue, gazing upon the stars: they seemed so far away here, and back home, you could almost touch them. "Why do city men find me inferior?"

"Men were not taught to respect the sacredness of female nature," he responded softly back. "It is a sad thing, Ethiriel... but it is the nature of the pale skin..."

"If we were to rule..." Ethiriel said sleepily, a yawn befell her lips. "We could teach them how life should be..."

"Ah, but would they be willing to learn?" her father chuckled. He was rather wise for his age, sometimes the people of the Northern Lake District often believed him to be a recycled soul: given another chance to take on another life to make up for a previous life that he may have led less honourably.

"I suppose not," she giggled. She stretched out "good night, papa."

"Ahray lune, Monira," her papa said softly.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Within the first three days, the Zytherian king found himself quite enraged by the manner of which the hosting King had been treating his daughter. On several occasions, many a messenger pleaded her to come to the castle for a lunch with his lordship. He was proud that his daughter had turned the misogynist King away each time, and thanked the Gods that he was blessed with a level headed child. But it left much to his imagination: if he were trying to combine forces without his permission... it would mean war.

The Zytherian king often stayed near the camp, straying occasionally to see the wears of the southern world: very primitive and immature blades, wines that tasted too old or too young, faces, the same. He often lost sight of his darling daughter, but would find her in an orchard, examining the strange fruits that were bearing in the trees this time of year. She was often followed and offered a variety of gifts: many a pale faced lowerly suitor aspired to touch her, to smell her. She would play with them until they wanted to speak of wooing her and let them go.

Around the fourth day in the camp, she decided to take it upon her self to walk to the coast. It was a vast thing, the sea, and it made her feel so humble. Even the large lakes made her feel small, but, this... Once she stood on the sandy shore and had the salty water spray her face, the air around her encapsulate her. She found it in her heart to sing: something she hardly ever did, and bathed in the water. She was like a siren to the pale boys, stories of women enchantresses that stole mens souls away. They would watch her bathe, lusty eyes set on her dark, smooth, shimmering skin. And she would allow them to look, but to touch would be against every vow of her rights as a virgin princess.

She swam deep into the surf, nearly far enough where her feet would not touch the bottom if she could have someone her same height stand atop her shoulders. It was soothing. Her eyes closed and she pictured a young man on a boat, a handsome young man. He had finished battling a large sea creature, Leviathan they called it. He was undressing below deck, in his own special chamber. His hair looked like spun silver, the same silver that was constructed in her sword. He was... beautiful... but in such an masculine sort of way. She got the feeling that this man had something dangerous about him, she also felt great power seeping from his being. As he turned to check and see if anyone was actually there, her vision broke and she realized... an heir... was alive, an heir from the house of olde, the house that Draven had successfully claimed in error. She bobbed in the surf, beside herself and wondered. Eyes piercing the horizon, if it were a true vision or a day dream. Either way... she had to speak to her father.

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:24 pm

He headed below deck to change from his soaked clothes but all too quickly he felt something, someone, looking at him for a time he ignored it feeling as though it were imagination yet the feeling would not go away. He turns quickly, his deep amber eyes scanning the room, to make sure that it was just an odd feeling. As he turns he sees nothing but the feeling of being watched vanishes. Quickly he cleans himself off bathing his hands which are beginning to sting scraped as they were from the hard scales of the Leviathan. He dries himself quickly and finishes ministering to his injuries. He hopes the rest of the journey will be far less eventful than the start of it. As the days pass he wonders what the effect the slaying of this Leviathan will have on the larger war still to come. On board the men hail him as a hero though they know the story of what happened cannot be repeated on the mainland lest they all be in danger

Meanwhile in winterhaven the royal beast keeper waits outside the kings chamber awaiting an audience. He is bidden enter and he prostrates himself before the king “dire news your majesty” he says his voice trembling with fear

“Speak” bids King Draven the distain clear on his face

“its about your Leviathan your majesty” he says

“what of it!” demands the king

“it has not returned yet sire and the scouts we sent out have found no traces of it” he says

“NO!” bellows the king “THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU TOLD ME A LEVIATHEN WAS UNDEFEATABLE YOU SAID IT WOULD INCREASE MY HOLDINGS YOU SHALL PAY FOR THIS”

“please sire mercy” pleads the beast master

“mercy mercy is for the victors not those who fail me” says the king “guards take him to the dungeon for come the morning he meets the gallows”

“no sire anything but that” pleads the beast master as he is dragged away.

Back on board the ship Adair helps prepare the ship for docking his hair glittering in the sunlight. He works tirelessly making sure that which needs to be stowed is and that which should be tied down is secure once more. Finishing what things they will let their hero help with he stands at the prow of the ship watching with anticipation as the skyline changes from pure blue to first sand and then the city comes into view. As they begin to dock he heads round the men to say, what for some could be the last, farewell. Partings exchanged he raises the hood of his riding cloak over his head, checks the saddle bags are secure, and heads into the slums of the city. Passing though the area closest to the docks he notices the stark contrast between these the poorer workers and that of those people affluent enough to afford homes in the larger parts of the city. He stops at a reputable looking inn and pays in advance for a fortnights board for him and his horse. He leaves his horse at the inn sure the stallion will be glad of fresh hey and water. He takes the egg from the saddlebag discretely and secures it in his own haversack. With the egg secure he sets off to explore the city his family once ruled.
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:53 pm

The town was a buzz, sailors had come home! There seemed to be an edge of cheer all around the townsfolk, not a man or woman or child were not pleased of the arrival. Ethiriel found herself amongst the commotion more than their father: she wanted to learn the pale face's ways and customs, she was, after all, a princess and should know such things if she were to ever visit this place again (not likely, if Draven was anywhere remotely near). It seemed Fridays and Saturdays they saluted their gods by eating only fish, a particularly strange custom.

As she wandered the streets of what everyone called a shanty town, helping here and talking there, she spotted an inconspicuous fellow, well, one that was trying to be inconspicuous. She secretly followed him, she was excellent at silent kills, but, while she was not wielding a knife, she did find herself seemingly floating on air. She followed the strange man until he seemed to stop, then she faded into a dark shadow, a doorsill. She peaked around only briefly to find him looking behind him, making sure no one was down the alleyway from wince he came. She smiled a little. even more curious to get a closer glimpse, why he was hiding was making her antsy: was she watching a thief in action?

He started down the alleyway again and she finally, after several minutes caught him up; she stepped right up to him and removed his hood to his cloak, gasping at the sight she seen.

It was him. The heir to the throne. Yes, that silver hair could not be mistaken anywhere... and HERE of all places. She had read in the family library the fall of the Altherian empire. It was a disgusting what Draven did, betrayal, deceit. She slowly covered her mouth with her hand and gasped, taken aback a little.

"Its you... I saw you in a vision..." she quickly went to pull his hood up, her voice wavered, specifically her vowels because she was in a rush to speak. "You cannot be seen."
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:09 pm

As he wanders the city he begins to get the strange feeling as though he’s being followed ‘surely it cannot be a spy’ he mutters to himself. Though he does not know the city he moves through it as though he was born to it. Its sprawling side streets so like the forests surrounding the village where he grew up. He hurries sure to keep his head down just incase it is someone from the palace. He dodges this way and that taking to the back streets. He glances behind him catching a fleeting glace of someone behind him. ‘so I am being followed’ he thinks slowing down planning on allowing himself to be caught knowing full well if it turns into a dangerous situation he could probably well handle himself against a single person be they from the castle or a cutpurse. He spins on his heals when he feels the hood removed from his head. With a single look though he knows the person who he gazes upon is no mere cutpurse or dog of Draven. Her dark skin and jet black hair captivate him. It takes him a moment to regain his composure before he trusts himself to speak

“you are a Zytherian aren‘t you?” he asks addressing her in her native tongue. “you were the one I felt on the boat?” he tilts his head slightly. He glances around and notices they are quite out in the open “excuse me but would you consent to talk with me in a more quiet location? I have a large room booked at a local inn which would be less open”
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:26 pm

His voice was smooth and velvety, with a hint of gravely rasp: he spoke her language as though he was born beside her, in the same land, at the same time. Each generation of Zytherians tended to pronounce things a tad bit different than the elders, but, all the same: he sounded identical to her home tongue. She smiled a little, a bit surprised, sure, then remembered one of the stories of a tutor taking to the side of the rightful king. Yes, that was right, the Altherians and Zytherians were quite close, never fully gaining each others political prowess, sure, but, all the same they were at least brothers in arms.

She tipped her head politely: nothing she would ever under any other circumstance, certainly not to Draven.

"My lord, apologies on spying on you... I wasn't aware it was a vision until after conferring with my father about the matter," she said politely. "I will accompany you to your chambers, though, do not dishonor me." She pulled back the cloth of her tunic, a mark on her left shoulder that looked very similar to the black outlines of a phoenix: the animal of her people's crest. "I am Princess Ethiriel, next in line to take my fathers throne."
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:38 pm

“I would not dream of dishonoring you princess” he says bowing before her “but please let us leave here before our conversation is heard by less than friendly ears” he smiles turning to escort her to the inn where he is staying. He takes a fare more direct path this time walking with the confidence of a true native. Though his pace is calm his eyes are anything but as they rove constantly seeking out any potential threat. He may be walking with a princess yet that could well only increase the danger he was in staying here not lessen it. He finds it interesting the looks they get as they walk together. When they come upon the inn he pays the innkeep handsomely for his discretion and to ensure they are undisturbed. Entering his room he places the bag with great reverence upon the table before offering his guest a seat.
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:08 pm

"You carry a dragon egg..." she said softly, after entering the room entirely and having the door closed behind her. "Their thoughts are oft' hazy, and your thoughts kept roving to it subconsciously..."

She looks around the quaint little dwelling, walking around his bed, fingering the sheets. She glanced back at him and smiled a little.

"Why did you come back? there are talks of war amongst men... specifically Draven's people... they are trying to recruit us..." she giggled as though it was a long shot. "I do not even understand why father is accommodating the mad king's two weeks of thought period."
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:14 pm

“a gift from the mother” he explains “the smallest egg in the clutch was gifted to me for saving her from a much larger dragon” he draws the egg out and lays it carefully on the bed for her to see “I returned partially because I heard the stirring of conflict once more and I thought there may be a way to capitalize on it myself but also because I hope to find a way to restore my families honor by traveling this world. Among the others of my kind I often had more… deep I would say thoughts. My plans always more feasible”
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:22 pm

She examined the egg, gently placing her hand on the scaly exterior.

"Strange thing, Dragon eggs, stone hard, heat retardant.. the creature dwelling within this egg is a male dragon... interestingly enough, a dragon is your crest, I'm sure you know..." she mused out loud, turning the egg gently on the bed. "Have you kept it near the fire or, on the ship you sailed on, did you have it in the galley perhaps?" Her eyes shifted onto his: they were beautiful eyes, his, seen so much in his years, she smiled a little. If she were to pick a suitor... she had decided it would be him.

"A one man army is a rather risky move, especially so when trying to penetrate that awful castle..." she said coolly. "No offense to your father's builders, but there are a few weak spots in the mortar. Draven knows this. He has guards near them." She stands slowly, picking the egg up gently, whispering a soft Zytherian prayer of safety to the creature growing within.

"Having a dragon WILL help... but... you need an army... fit for a King." she smiled mischievously. "I suspect you do not want me to mention your presence to my father... but... if he were to choose whom to be loyal to, I'm dead certain that he will choose an Altherian over Draven the Coward."
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:29 pm

“if you feel your father should know of my presence then I trust you to give that information. If I know anything of your people its that you are among the wisest of the races in this land.” he smiles “and if I were to attack having you’re backing would be greater than seven nations worth of armies at my back. I heard tell that you’re master technicians could plan a battle on two fronts while playing a game of tiles”

he moves towards her “his egg was kept close to my horse so his body heat could warm the egg I also made sure that his quarters were kept warm at all times.” he glances at her “may I ask, princess, do you have any siblings? I only ask as I wonder if its normal to be so worried about them while you are away”
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:39 pm

"I will tell him, you will meet him tomorrow, I surmise." she said with a smile. "You seem well read on my people... I'm flattered, though your fathers people were good friends with my people, there was still a bit of scorn amongst your townsfolk...towards us... especially now with Draven filling their hearts with hate."

She glanced behind her towards the door a moment, her eyes acute.

"His men are looking for me," she whispered. "The king has been attempting to woo me the entirety of my visit... that disgusting dog... always staring at me like a piece of meat."

She stood a little closer to him, handing him the egg as if handing over a newborn child. She glances over his hair, his features. Yes. a very handsome man, even for a paleface.

"I have two brothers, both younger," she said quietly, her face reflected some concern then it ebbed. "They are with mother though. They would have sister protect them if... she wasn't killed by thieves. She was three years my senior, the true queen of my people. I had to wise up fast, though, wising up wasn't that difficult for me, I was perhaps the best warrior of my people, of my age... I wanted to be a knight," she giggled softly. "But, never mind. I am sure your family is fine, as long as you have someone at the head of your house."

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:49 pm

“my mother” he says “and of course my tutor Valerion a wiser man I never met as I grew.” he glances to the door also “if he were ever to lay one of his filthy hands on you I would bring all my might to bear on him. If there was any way I could prevent him from claiming you I would do it.” bitterness entering his voice “you are noble and he is a parasite I will never forgive him no matter how many summers I see”

He goes to the wall near the door, crouches down and begins to squeak. Quickly more squeaks issue back from the wood. “kaldarkania” he curses in his home tongue under his breath

“we should take the back exit” says Adair “it appears that there are Knights here it seems one of the patrons thought we seemed suspicious enough to report us to the local guard. While normally I would stand and fight I do believe discretion is the best part of valor in this case. It would not be well for my arrival to be so well noted this soon” he goes to the window throwing the shutters open.
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:06 pm

'Creature speak,' she thought to herself, a small smile curved her lips.

"I suppose we can see my father a bit earlier than expected," she mused softly, opening the window of the room. She leapt down from the second story, landing ever so gracefully on her feet. She glanced up at him and motioned him to jump as well. A sudden stopped hand brought to her face and she batted him away, inside. It seems they needed.

Guards seized her. She wrestled them for a brief time before being knocked in the head with the butt of a general's sword. He spat on her.

"Zytherian trash," he snarled. "A whore, just like the rest of the commoners."

Her father sat widdling out of birch. A small statue for his son of a paleface, another of a paleface on horseback. His twins. His name keepers. He smiled a little and gazed upon the sun. It seemed as though something were askew. The wind pulled from the south, a sudden sight in his vision. He stood and saw a cloaked figure wandering toward him: his steps were true, aimed at him. Something had happened to his daughter. He brandished his sword, pointing it at the outsider.

"What have you done," he hissed. His English was spot on, despite his desperation. "Altherian, where is my daughter?!"

She woke up groggily, eyes fluttering to and fro. Her eyes focused on the wall: stony. She felt the breeze coming from a small window to her right. She stood slowly, reaching back to grab her sword. She was naked. She scowled and moved about.

"About time you woke, princess," Draven's voice echoed in the small chamber. She quickly made a break to cover herself. He chuckled.

"Your body is quite an artifact, princess," his nasty voice growled in lust. He stood from the shadows and began walking towards her. She quickly picked up a potted plant and slammed him with it. He laughed and picked her up by the throat.

"Insubordination can be beaten out of you," he smiled nastily.

"If you harm me, my father and his army of men will storm your castle, all our allies at our side, your kingdom will fall," she said, her brows furrowing as she gained eye contact with him.

His face changed a multitude of times, as if he were fighting her mental assault. Eventually he set her down, and backed away. Her nose was bleeding: she hadn't quite had her awakening ceremony, but she was strong enough without having made love to a man. No other Zytherian female heir could do such things.

"You will let me out of here," she said to the king. "You will grovel to my father and let us leave this place with a traveler. If you follow us we will burn your city to the ground."

"You wouldn't dare," he managed to break her mind control for a moment.

"Or... I could kill you now..." her eyes flashed from their blue tone to the color of the sea, a dark blue ingested his soul. He began hollering, covering his ears as sounds bombarded his ears. "You will do as i say, you coward."

"I will."

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:20 pm

“enjoy this day as though it were your last” he curses after the guards departing backs ‘no time for curses though’ he thinks putting the egg away carefully before he leaves dashing down the stairs. ‘Alone I could seige the castle but what good would it do if I was caught before I could free her. No I must find her father’ he heads out into the street the look on his face makes it clear to all those around that he is NOT someone to be messed with at the moment. Crouching at the spot she was taken he calls to the creatures around to ask them to find someone who’s scent is like hers. After what seems like far to long one small cat comes forth telling him that she can lead the way.

Moving fast he follows the cat slowing for no one. They wind their way through the city to where the king is whittling. "What have you done," hissed the king. His English was spot on, despite his desperation. "Altherian, where is my daughter?!"

“sire stow your sword please” he replies in clear Zatherian as he drops into a bow fully exposing his neck “Draven has taken your daughter. We were talking when I was informed by a mouse that guards were coming though the inn. Rather than fight them there I calculated a tactical withdrawal would have been the safest recourse you’re daughter leapt first before I could scout the area and there were guards waiting for her. They were gone before I could collect my war mace else I would have layed down my life to save her. We must hurry I don’t want to even think what he would do to her if he’s willing to use foul creatures like a Leviathan just to pad his pockets”
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

The Zytherian King nodded, re-sheathing his sword.

"How am I to explain you? I am certain they will ask you to take down your hood," he asks. "You will stay here. Not in plain sight, but I will bring back my daughter, and we will ride north to my kingdom, there is much to be discussed Adair."

The king swiftly spun on his foot, keeping his camp in exact order that it had been. The two little figures sat on the ground with widdling equipment. He swiftly strode to the kingdom, brows furrowed, his powers reflecting on any man who dare looked at him.

The tyrant king sat on his Throne. She was standing there with him, guards beside her, as if she were to be taken to the dungeons at any moment. The King glanced around nervously, waiting for her father. He would grunt every so often, or clear his throat. She stood there with her arms crossed, never once glancing at him, despite the sounds he made. She was well aware that once she glimpsed his soul she could control him for all time, though, it wasn't something she was willing to do. The fight in the future would have to be fair, and he would have to be un-jaded.

As her father stormed into the throne room she ran to him, hugging him tight.

"Papa..."

"Do not speak." her father growled, he advanced towards Draven. "If you soiled my daughter, so help me."

"I am not soiled, Papa."

He glanced back at his little girl then glared at the king.

"We have worn out our welcome, here," he said, pointing his finger sternly at the man in the chair. "We will not be back until a true King of Winterhaven sits in YOUR seat."

The kings eyes flashed at his comment. Her eyes darted to her father and her heart began to pound. He shouldn't have hinted an heir.

"The true king, you say?" Draven asked, interested. "And who would that be? I have plenty a bastard child... I never married, as I am sure you are aware."

"You did not kill all of them in your feat to take the throne, My daughter had a vision of the young master," her father snarled in defiance. "And I would soon bow to an Altherian Heir than one of your stature." He turned and walked towards the door. "Daughter, we leave at dusk."

She followed behind him, weary that her father had given away their secret weapon.

"Curious," they heard king Draven say in their exit. "An heir is alive and well, somewhere, in the nine kingdoms."

As they reentered the campsite, she quickly took to working on taking down their tents and readying the horses. Her father left for town, to get the horse of the Altherian as well as grab some much needed supplies. She glanced around, wondering where the silver haired heir had gotten himself into. She glanced towards the forest and then towards the beach. There had to be somewhere, surely, she didn't have time to look for him or play childish games in finding his whereabouts.

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Soon after the king left he heard a hissing and clicking that was all too familiar to him and he realized the egg was getting ready to hatch. Quickly he headed out of camp but not too far that he couldn’t see it. He removes his shirt, lays it on the ground, draws the egg out and sets it on the shirt and watches it carefully knowing this moment would be one of the most important moments of his life so far. Dragons often form a strong bond with the first creature they see when they hatch which is oft why mother dragons will go without eating for days when the hatching date is close. He kneels by the egg as the first cracks begin to appear. First lines show and then they deepen into cracks and at last the first piece falls away onto the floor and then another. As quickly as it started its over and sitting in front of him is a type of dragon he’s never seen before small yet perfectly formed his scales glisten his body a deep blue with small white stripes yet its his wings that are most remarkable as they are a radiant white. “hello young one” he hisses to the dragon

“dad?” asks the dragon tilting its head and regarding him with his golden eyes

“I will try to be” replies Adair quickly catching a passing mouse as a meal for his newly hatched friend. He holds it out to the dragon after quickly and painlessly snapping the mouse’s neck

The dragon walks up to him and quickly snaps up the morsel before climbing up Adair’s arm to lightly nip his upper arm before settling around his neck to sleep. Where the dragon bit a mark forms as though inked on. The mark of a dragons trust.

He glances back towards the camp and sees her standing there. “princess” he says emerging from the forest “there’s someone for you to meet” he smiles
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:06 pm

She nearly had everything packed away once he came from out of the woodwork. She smiled a little as he called for her and left her things behind without much realization that if her father came back it would look awkward and might set him off in a blind rage.

"He hatched, then?" she asked, as she got within earshot of him. She smiled brightly as he lead her into the forest to meet the little creature. She smiled at it and reached her hand out to it. Her thoughts came into his head, persuading him that she was friend not foe. She knelt down to touch him, eventually he came to her, and she scratched under his chin lightly. "beautiful... I've never seen one up close..." she said softly. "Have you named him?" she stopped stroking the dragon's chin to look up at him.

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:15 pm

“are you ok?” he asks “I was trying to come up with a noble name but I was flawed by his markings” he smiles “in all my years on Dragonspire island I have never seen one with his colors before” he glances around the campsite before addressing the dragon “how do you feel about the name Alakail?”
The dragon rawrs in appreciation “Alakail it is” he announces in English “I will protect you with all I have little one” he adds to Alakail with a smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The 9 Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms Empty

Back to top Go down

The 9 Kingdoms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hidden Realms :: Role Playing :: Fantasy-
Jump to: