Hidden Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hidden Realms

This site is predominantly an RP site, but side banter is always welcome. Please enjoy your stay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 9 Kingdoms

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:21 pm

She nodded at his question and smiled a little as Dragon and master bonded. She glanced back at the campsite and then back to him.

"How we will sneak him out of the kingdom is another question entirely but... i suspect father will be back soon with your horses and enough food to last the three of us to Arcticsprings..." she smiles at the little dragon and curtsies politely. "In your time, Adair, rightful king of Winterhaven."

She turned back and began setting their horses with their belongings. she eyed the horizon suspiciously as the sun began glinting a red hue on the water: she never knew sailor lore, but it didn't seem very friendly, a knot in her chest began to tighten and she glanced back towards the city. Surely, papa would be back soon.

And sure enough, just as the though escaped her he came walking back, hands laden in supply as well as holding the leads of Adair's horse. She smiled and came to help him, but he did not smile back or respond to her. He seemed lost in thought, deep thought, thoughts that ought not be listened to or tampered with.

Back to top Go down
http://ArdentlyFictitious.deviantart.com/
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Adair stands back as her father returns the mark on his shoulder dark and clear he knows subconsciously that that mark marks him as different though he knows not how he knows. It has been many many years since a dragon has bonded with a human and if any unfriendly people were to realize the significance of his marking not only would his life be in danger but so would Alakail’s and that is something he could not forgive himself for. He can see from the kings posture that now would not be a good time to speak so he busies himself making sure nothing in the campsite has been overlooked. He quietly moves towards their horses to talk with them for a time to see what they thought of the journey they had taken and would soon be taking once more.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlitrose.tumblr.com/
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm

"Quite a ride ahead of us," her father muttered after his long silence. He glanced at Adair, noticing his mark. "For the love of god, you have a dragon? and you bonded with it?" he smacks himself in the forehead then reaches to rub his temples with his thumb and middle finger. "Extra caution to us, then... I suppose a royal tunic is in order..."

He reaches into his satchel of garb and throws Adair a tunic.

"It'll offer some protection to those who have now been rumored of you. And it will surprisingly keep you warm once we get into northern country... you are now considered a King's right hand, Lord Adair. At least, until we get your kingdom back." He mounts his horse with one fluid motion, glancing at his daughter, who, rubbing her should where one of her three animal marks are, grimaces.

"It's a burning day," she said softly.

"Ah..." her father responded. "Ointment?"

"No, no, it'll be fine in a day." she nodded. She glanced at Adair and blushed, glancing away. Her father saw this motion and arched an eyebrow. Surely, his daughter... well, that would be quite interesting... their kingdom would finally be united, something his ancestors could never do under bounds of brotherhood. He chuckled smoothly and clicked at his horse who began to strut around the campsite

She hurriedly mounted her horse and glanced at Adair.

"Where are you going to hide him, then?" she questioned, nodding towards the Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:57 pm

“until he’s old enough to fly he’ll have to stay with me” says Adair “if I keep my hood up it should be no problem.” he dons the tunic replacing his riding cloak and raising the hood once more “plus keeping my head covered would be a bonus I’m sure.” He smiles before heading over to his horse talking to him and making sure he was treated well. “I will be back there is one thing I have to do to help cover our tracks” he says disappearing quickly into the forest to bury the shirt the egg hatched on and collect up the fragments of the shell. He puts them away safely and returns mounting his horse with ease. “do not worry about pace I’ve yet to meet the horse Thunder cant keep pace with” he says “one of the finest stallions my family have bread and smarter than most too” he chuckles a little
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Her father takes the lead, riding several meters ahead of them, his pace is neither fast nor slow. She clicks at her horse to lead him to follow her father and glances back at Adair, knowing that he will likely ride faster, up with her father. She yawns a little as night begins to settle its way onto the horizon. It is an awkward time to travel, that hour or so after dusk, it always makes her sleepy, but she keeps her eyes and ears open and is ready to strike anyone willing to strike her father, or the heir of Winterhaven.

As they make their way to the city's borders they are stopped by a guard who questions the three of them if they have seen any suspicious people leaving the docks.

"I haven't ventured towards the docks," Ethiriel says first, her father nods in concurrence. The man takes a walk around each of the horses, asking what their business was in Winterhaven, checking to see if there are any bits and bobs that are illegal to take out of this part of the contry.

"King Draven asked to talk to my father, the King of The lake district," she informs the guard. He nods in acceptance and, after a few sincere 'safe journeys' he lets the three of them pass. As soon as they are a few leagues away her father glances back.

"The worst, for now, is over... until we meet the forest before the north..." he says to mostly Adair. Ethiriel already knows the horrors that befell them in the forest in coming here. She glances at their companion and wonders what sort of horrors he has faced, if he has faced them.

"Going through towns with a cloaked figure will be a tad bit difficult," she added to her father's thought. The King grunted and nodded.

"We will do our best to stay inconspicuous." he retorted. "We will enter towns at night, only. If we are to hunger or need bathing we will do it in nature. Towns as a last resort."

"Yessir," she nodded.

"That is okay with you, Monira?" he questions softly.

"Of course, Papa, I needn't luxury," she laughs. He nods at Adair.

"And you, future King, that is okay with you?" he questions.

She glances back at Adair again after her father inquires, his eyes, even at dusk, seem brighter than the average pale skin, they almost seem to glow like an eagles eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:54 pm

“for the sake of my family I would sleep in a snake pit luxury is something that one can ill afford when riding away from hostile forces.” he says plainly taking his place in the middle his left hand never straying far from his hip and his favorite weapon. “what awaits us at the forest?” he asks “though I doubt its nothing we cannot handle not after what I encountered” he stares round listening to the sounds of nature. As they ride he hears the agitated cries of nature. “something up ahead has the animals agitated I cant promise its something we should worry about yet but please be on your guard”
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Her hand always rested on her left, her right hand on the reigns. There was a prophecy of a Zytherian queen to rule, a left handed other-sensory queen. It was true, the Zytherians for the most part could read minds--some perfected the skill better than others (usually the nobles, considering they were under strict training from a young age). She, like the prophecy had two other cerebral abilities: she could affect a persons decisions and moods, she could also inflict pain unto her enemies without even touching them: even have them lay down dead... it was something she had only recently found a sense of... she was quite afraid of it, hardly discussed it with her father. He knew, though, he knew just as she did: he often dove into her thoughts when she was silent (it worried him otherwise, as she often spoke). It was no wonder he was quite intrigued by her whimsical thoughts of their companion; he glanced over at the man who occupied his daughters thoughts and shook his head in such a slight way that it would hardly be noticed. His daughter, his 'unmarriable daughter' they said... seemed to find this man as a suitable suitor... it was hilarious. A smooth chuckle escaped his curved lips and he looked ahead.

"Stay sharp," he said to his daughter. She leapt half a mile and blushed, nodding, gripping the hilt of her sword.

'Where was my mind?' she thought with a blush. Her eyes darted to her front, staring ahead at the horizon.

"We call them Zajakalour," she answered his question as an afterthought, she glanced at him and smiled weakly. "They're dangerous to our kind, because we have our minds open: they tend to dwell on our minds energy and obscures our grip on reality...."

"They hardly attack when you're in a group though," her father said softly. "So, it is best to stay sharp within the forest, if you get separated you become automatic prey."

His eyes darted across the horizon, his fingers within an inch of his favored weapon which was not attached to him but attached to the horse: even in darkness he had a keen eye, as did she, but her eyes kept drifting to him. She had to stop this madness. She focused her mind, closing her eyes a brief moment and exhaled lightly, then took back to her normal way of thinking. There was no time for infatuation in situations such as these, and at night... no... she'd have to force herself to stay sharp.

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:07 pm

As they ride he pets the dragon softly lightly hissing to him warning him of what’s to come in the recent weeks. “I wont be caught unaware. I didn’t come all this way, fought through a Leviathan, pissed off the palace guards to get this far to just die in a forest at the mercy of some creatures.”

He hears something ahead again “there IS something up ahead” he says “I’ll go on ahead with your permission sire something has really gotten the animals in the area uneasy so its probably not good at all”

He hunkers himself down ready to ride hard up ahead to catch the thing that is disturbing the local animals.
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:42 pm

"Do be careful," she said quietly. Her father shot a curious look in her direction then glanced at him, nodding.

"Go ahead, we'll wait here unless we feel you need us," he says, tapping his temple.

She grips the hilt of her sword as she watches him gallop away.

"Childe... I know you are at the ripe age of matrimonial material, but do keep your guard up..." her father says wearily as their companion fades out of sight. "I will not have you making foolish mistakes because you are in love."

"Love..." she shook her head. "There is no love in my heart for that man, I just find him... interesting."

"I will believe you until you lead me to believe otherwise," he sighed, dismounting his horse and petting her nose.

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:58 pm

He rides quickly following the sounds of nature he knows they are close by when he begins to see severely damaged trees and plants. Quickly his mind gets to work figuring out what on earth could have caused this devastation. The dragon grumbles uneasily on his shoulder his nose already picking up their stench. As he gets closer he smells it too. “wonderful just wonderful only one thing could smell that bad” he mutters to himself as he rounds the wooded path. As he expected as he spies a small warband of Orcs tearing up the trees ahead. “kardark” he curses knowing that at his best he wouldn’t be able to defeat all of them in combat and so he decides to take it instead in another direction. He dismounts still a safe enough way away from them and ties his horse up. He carefully sets down Alakail and tells him he must stay hidden with the horse. Slowly he heads towards the warband a smile crossing his face as he comes up with the perfect plan. “HO” he calls in their guttural language “I wish to speak with your Ignao” he uses their word for leader to inspire both trust and fear in them.

The biggest, and most ugly, of the Orcs step forward the scars criss crossing his body testament to his hard won victories and right to lead the warband “what is it, man?” he asks

“I would secure passage though this area for me and my companions. I know you would fight us for it and so I come to offer a challenge” he replies

“go on?” he asks slightly curious

“I will fight you’re strongest warrior if I can best him in combat you allow me and my companions free passage though this area.”

“and if you loose?” he asks

“I wont lose” replies Adair firmly

“you’d make a fine Orc human” replies the Ignao with grudging respect for his confidance “I doubt you could best me in combat”

“as expected you are the finest warrior of the warband” he smiles lowering himself into a combat stance
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:31 pm

She too leaped from her horse, petting its pretty nose and whispering a soft assuring line in their tongue. The horses were uneasy: it meant one thing above all... and the racket in her head: she needed to drown it out, but found it difficult.

"You are not concentrating my daughter," her father acknowledged. He sat down with some bread and broke it, handing his daughter a piece. He then went about lighting a pipe full of Southern Lake District weed. He puffed on it and exhaled. "He will be fine, daughter... rest, it will be a while to best the beast."

She sat and looked at the bread in her hand. It seemed the wrong sort of time to be snacking while their companion was out besting an orc, obnoxious really, that her father didn't go as well. She arched an eyebrow as her father took in the smoke of the Skyx weed. He offered her the pipe and she refused it. The stuff always gave her a headache.

"Am I allowed to wander, papa?"

"Wander no farther than my eye can see nor into the forest, Monira."

She stood and smoothed the wrinkles in her skirt and grabbed her sword off of her horse. She kissed the beast on the nose and wandered eastward where she knew a small creek lay. She knelt down by the cold crisp water and scooped some out with her hands, drinking from it. Her eyes wandered the horizon from wince they came to ensure she could not see or hear any of the kings men attempting to come upon them. She relaxed a little and took her shoes off, setting them aside, dipping her feet into the cool water. She hugged her knees and wondered a few things, questioning others. What a strange predicament they were in...

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Without a word he launches into his first attack swinging the mace with unbridled ferocity. The Ignao parries the blow with a swing of his war hammer the jarring effect would be enough to rip a weapon from a lesser man. As it is Adair is stalled slightly having to roll backwards to avoid a counter attack he knows a blow from a mighty hammer like that would easily break a bone or two and so he realizes his only chance is to rely on his speed knowing that in a match of raw power he would quickly be overwhelmed.

Adair presses his speed advantage as best he can dashing in close to strike before dodging back out of range. Unfortunately for him the Ignao must have had experience fighting foes with greater speed than him before because even though he is unable to land a hit himself he is able to defend himself against almost all of Adair’s attacks. This rapid style of combat though is more advantageous to Adair due to his smaller build and while he feels himself tiring he also notices his opponent also slowly and tiring at a similar rate due to him having to move at high speed to be able to defend himself.

A few times Adair manages to slip past the Ignao’s guard to land a powerful blow to his body. Its not long before they both can see the other is reaching their limit. Adair cursing his lack of endurance against a physically stronger foe and the Ignao starts going on the offensive charging towards Adair causing him to have to dodge himself rather than risk having an arm or leg broken. After dodging a couple of these wild attacks Adair notices an opening in his opponents footwork though the risk is great he notices that the Orc slightly overextends in his swings putting him off balance and its only his momentum that keeps him on his feat. The next time he charges Adair holds his ground ducking the powerful swing and countering with a sweeping leg blow that knocks the Orc from his feet. He kicks the war hammer from the Orcs grip before he has a chance to fully recover. “Yield?” asks Adair

“finish me I have lost” replies the Ignao composedly.

“no” says Adair “you are too good a fighter for me to end your life here on some nameless plain instead how about this deal. I let you go from here now and sometime in the future I will call upon your bands aid in a far greater battle”

“what battle would this be?” asks the Ignao curiously

“against King Draven” says Adair darkly

A hiss goes around the Orcs and a few of them spit on the ground at the mention of that name. “believe me we share no love for that bastard king he hunts our kin as though we were animals you have a deal human” says the Ignao getting to his feet “when the time comes we will fight side by side, stay alive until then I would see you fight again non have ever bested me the way you did.”

Slowly the Orcs depart honoring their bargain and Adair returns to his horse comforting the small dragon who hisses excitedly at his return. “yes yes I’m perfectly fine” smiles Adair stroking Alakail’s scales before returning him to his place at his neck. Quickly he straddles his horse and returns to his the rest of the group smiling.
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:40 pm

When Adair returns he finds only her father sitting there. He is finishing his pipe when he sees him out of the corner of his eye. He stands slowly and smiles a little, biting into the bread he had sitting in his lap.

"Orcs...?" he questions, raising an eyebrow at him.

She slowly starts making her way back from the creek. A wave of exhaustion runs over her but she continues on her path, pretending that her body is not physically drained. She climbs her horse and steadies herself, looking off towards the woods.

"Where are we headed tonight father?" she asks softly.

"To Bridgewood," her father responds, glancing her over as she mounts her horse. He finishes eating his bread before climbing into the saddle of his horse then glances over at Adair. "Its a pretty big town... there are supply places if you need anything that you didn't retrieve in the Kingdom; of course, as I said we'd sleep on the outskirts."
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:44 pm

“future temporary allies” says Adair “and yes they were Orcs” he moves back to his position “odds are good that we wont have any further trouble this night a warband of Orcs that size would deter most things from hanging around the area.” he says with a smile as they ride onward
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Hours past, they make it through the forest without any incidents and make it onto a fairly open plain. On the horizon sits a very brightly lit town: Bridgewood. It is a large town full of brothels, gambling houses, and many a tavern. Bridgewood is best-known for their smithies, no finer weapons in the lower half of the country can be found 'cept here.

As they come closer to the town her father stops his horse in mid trot and climbs from the mare. He ties her up close to the river that runs through the city; similarly, Ethiriel unmounted her horse and mimicked her fathers actions, leading her horse to the stream but tying him off so he wouldn't stray. They both unfolded bedding and she started the fire. They did this in near silence, muttering every so often a few things either to themselves or to each other.

Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Carefully Adair dismounts tying his own horse up with the others and he sets Alakail down to allow him to explore the world. Carefully he follows the little dragon keeping enough distance so as not to spook him.

At first Alakail sniffs around taking in the surroundings before his head snaps in one direction and he flattens himself down. He begins to stalk through the grass causing very little noise despite his shape. It is clear to anyone watching him that the little dragon had found some form of prey. He creeps along the ground before leaping forward with a powerful burst of speed from his hind legs assisted by a few wing beats. He lands on a mouse his claws tearing into the mouse killing him quickly. Inspired by this sight Adair glances over at his companions. “excuse me but do you know of anywhere that would be able to make … unusual gauntlets?” he asks smiling slightly
Back to top Go down
KayronicJayster
Admin
KayronicJayster

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:51 am

Ethiriel glanced at her father who looked back at her wearily and shrugged.

"I could show you tomorrow, I can't remember exactly where the shoppe is in town but I know the name... I'll be looking for something in town anyway." She said with a small smile.

"We could do with some more grain and perhaps some fruits as well," Her father called from his spot not too far away from the fire. He was toking on his pipe again.

"Of course papa," she says, glancing back at her father. Her eyes wander back at Adair and she finally takes a sturdy once over him, blushing a little as she spins on her heel pretending that it did not just happen.

"Hungry Adair?" she asks, pulling bread and some salted meats out of their respective parcels.
Back to top Go down
Kyzire

Kyzire

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:51 pm

“you’ll probably think I’m strange for what I’d want made.” he says with a smile coming over to where she is “yeah I am a little hungry after that fight so a meal would be nice.”

He sits down softly making sure to keep his eye on Alakail though as he wanders around. “could you tell me more about where you live? I’ve heard tales from Valerion of course but I’m fascinated by it”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 9 Kingdoms   The 9 Kingdoms - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 9 Kingdoms
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hidden Realms :: Role Playing :: Fantasy-
Jump to: